Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Shame shame

Since the time I joined college , mom has been asking me to learn driving ... being the fathead that I am , I resisted : until last week when I found myself enrolled to learn 'car driving' at a 'driving institute'. Got the learners license on thursday : it basically involved the cop giving us a lecture on road signs and pronouncing us 'passed' :-P (suspect that money changed hands)
From tomorrow onwards Bangalore roads will no longer be safe - for anyone ! If you see a 'Mani driving school' vehicle anywhere on the road , flee for your dear life : I am not responsible for your health ... let alone mine !

Ok , I should probably be feeling ashamed of myself :-P ... but honestly , I never felt the urge or the need to learn driving : not 'cos of lack of 'opportunity' ! Even now , it is more like heavy dose of threat + cajoling + shame that is prompting me to learn ... not a percieved need :-D
I could rationalise the need for it ... but when I stay 5 mins by walk from work , dont travel much - definitely not for far distances (everything is just an 'auto away') and dont plan to own a vehicle - the whole excercise seems a bit ... futile :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger emanish said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/07/2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger emanish said...

heck, i have terrorized blore ppl already under the same 'Mani Motor Driving school' tag. I enrolled 6 months back hoping to get a license so i could drive in US. (i drove in US w/o a license more abt it later)
But now as my LL is about to expire i started again, i have my test tomorrow. Hope all goes well :-)

6/07/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Srini said...

Dude,

Learn well and u will start enjoying driving. Once you finish your formal learing, you will need to get hold of an auto driver to have ur advanced course and learn the most important tip of wiggling out of traffic. They are the real roadmasters!

6/08/2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@manish
Well, going for my third class tommorrow - that is 2 weeks and only into 3rd class :-) 6 months just might not be enough for me :-P

@srini
True man - forget weaving in and out of traffic : I cant even make sense of where is the other end of the car !
As far as I am concerned , I need a co-driver who will shout instructions to me "You nearly banged on that wall" , etc from the left :-(

6/14/2006 01:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home