Sunday, June 04, 2006

Movie spoofs

I was never active in college when it came to cocurricular activities (hmm , among a lot of other things I might add :-P ) , and so missed out on a lot of "fun" - including taking part and even spectating !
One thing that I did know was about movie spoofs ... most of my friends were "best in the business" :-) I used to have awesome fun listening to them recounting their expierences about the college fests and comptetitions they took part in.

This saturday , we decided to go for XMen 3 and as luck would have it - no tickets :-(
I had decided that since we were all the way there , we will watch whatever alternative that is available.
Horror of horrors , it was only "Ghoom" that was available !!
I hate the usual bollywood "extra mush + super human hero + extra dose of sensitivity + item numbers + emotional sacrifices + 15 songs + 3 hours of monotone" formula ... so was resigned to a loooong night ...

Surprise of surprises , it was a movie spoof !!
To call it a "good" movie would be stretching it a bit too far , but with the right company it is quite enjoyable (!!!)
There are nasty bits of toilet humour - I guess ridiculing the current degradation in bollywood movies (I hope !). But there were surprisingly humourous bits making fun of current bollywood actors/actresses/movies , the thousand endorsements they do , the string of flops that they suffer , etc.

Like I said , go to the movie with the right company , and you might not regret spending 1 hour or so of your time - thats right , ONE hour and change : not 3 hours of boooooring drivel :-)
God knows when we will have really awesome movies like Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro in bollywood again :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger V said...

So how was it? Did you like Ghoom?

6/05/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

If the following conditions are satisfied , you might not feel too bad about watching the movie :
1) You have a "need" to watch a movie - could be a promise , bored silly , etc.
2) In great company - especially among people who like and appreciate this sort of stuff.
3) In really great mood/humour.

All of these were satisfied ... so , inspite of my reservations in watching a bollywood movie , it was a surprisingly ok expierence for me :-)

6/05/2006 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home