Thursday, May 11, 2006

Google Analytics

I have always been curious as to who visits my blog.
I started writing it to share with friends and pretty soon I find people I have never met before reading it ... and surprisingly , I enjoyed that :-)
Though I hardly ever wrote anything here to cater to needs of anyone (yep , I did promise something on sol10 long back and never wrote anything !) I have always been curious as to who visits my blog.

Most blogs I visit , I hardly ever say a peep ... so if there are lot of readers like that , it is going to make it tougher to estimate who really reads !
Someone send 'Google Analytics' invitation code (no idea why , I dont use adwords anywhere) - and after much debate , I have added that code snippet to the blog.
Please be assured that I will not be using this blog for marketting , as a revenue source , etc , etc.
Also there will be no attempt at profiling a reader or violating your privacy in any other way (Google Analytics assures me that I cant even if I wanted to , so there :-P). The intention is purely to satisfy my curiosity as to who reads this blog :-)
As soon as that is satisfied , I will be promptly removing the js bit from the template.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kousik said...

My greasemonkey and Google Analytics tells
me if Google analytics is enabled. If I
don't like you to use it on me, I can
always turn it off (using another greasemonkey
script)

5/11/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

Cool !
I think I should get one of those too :-)

I tend to be a bit paranoid about privacy when connection from home ... but dont care much from my work. Asinine attitude in a way :-)

5/16/2006 03:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home