Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Movie Compatibility Report"

Facebook has this application called movies (Flixster Movies) - and it has a "Movie Compatibility Report". Essentially asks your opinion about a bunch of movies on some scale, and compares it against your friends to find out how well the tastes match (the usual social networking thing).

What I found interesting about this was not the app itself - but about my bloody friends.
Some people whose suggestions I usually take about movies, apparently, have a totally different taste in movies as compared to me - /me wonders why I ask them, and more importantly what all I missed 'cos they diss'ed a movie ! :-D
Most of my friends though, seem to have a very similar taste as me ... /me wonders more !

Yep, some of these aspects of social networking are interesting - small data leading to higher aggregations which make up some interesting patterns - speaking of which, I think I should write a few scripts to do similar aggregation for the performance telemetry in our server ....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

eda somehow my comment on this is that my ranking is relative to the other movies in the list..

9/10/2007 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home