Monday, September 19, 2005

Been busy

Been a bit too busy with work ... and this is going to ramp up a bit more until we get into feature freeze. (Heres to hoping there will be no showstoppers !)
Some really cool stuff is going to be part of the next release - and since share.java.net is running on our IM server (and netbeans collab module has our API to talk to any IM server) , the benefits will come to anyone who is using that server :) - unless you fork out money to buy the server from Sun and deploy it locally/internally ofcourse!
You can use the opensource api from collab module and dish out your own client to talk to any xmpp server (including the new gtalk server) - the featureset is quite rich and a lot of the popular JEPs are supported.

I will start blogging about our IM API and the server , its features , etc in my "official" blog pretty soon ... as soon as the features are frozen. Will post link here in case anyone is interested.

Went for Fali's sendoff party yesterday - he is relocating to Pune.
Met Shrinath , Raj and Shyam there - after like aeons ! Shyam and Shrinath are doing their MBA here in Bombay and Raj is still in TCS - really nice to catch up with them ... had my first late night Bombay train journey (12 at night from Andheri to Vashi) - uneventful luckily :)
I dont really have any pics (or a camera for that matter ;-) ) of the dinner gettogether ... think Neeraj or Shrinath have it - not sure.

Vincent is going to release Diep3d pretty soon - I am impressed by the UI from the demo he showed me , should be interesting to see how well it does commercially.

Unfortunately , I am going to enable comment validation against my usual stand about it - I am begining to dislike the spam that is coming in : sorry about it people.

And , before I forget to note this down - all those comments about my leg , comments from weird sounding people (Kill Black Mamba , etc) are by Aparup Banerjee who works in Bea systems - so please disregard those ... his idea of pulling my leg :-P

Thats it for now ... there might be more quiescence from me for a while now - depends on the workload.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mridul said...

test

9/19/2005 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Mridul...Did dad come to take you from station?

- Nadir

9/19/2005 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger V said...

late night Bombay train journey... Ha! of course it was meant to be an uneventful. People need to be able to "see" you for any of such events to happen.

9/21/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

:-P

I am not going to be nasty and make a retort about you being "more visible" than me ;)

And Mr. Nadir a.k.a Aparup , you will be very slowly and painfully made to suffer when I get to Bangalore next weekend x-(
:)

9/23/2005 02:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home