Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ideal vacation ...

I was reading chimpu's post ... and got me thinking , what would be my ideal vacation ?

Somewhere I can relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life ...
Dont know what it is about staring into the sun and listening to the waves crashing that completely relaxes me ... makes me very contemplative - usually about my life.

Will describe one the best beach incidents that I have had - at Palolem beach.

This happened when we went to Goa last year - the weather when we reached the beach was absolutely gorgeous !
Relaxed for a while , the waves were amazingly gentle and there was this mild breeze blowing inwards with just a hint of salty tang to it - the start of a beautiful evening.
We fooled around for a while , got our pants wet and headed back to vegetate on the sand ... the soft , white sand.
Srini and Girish left soon after to arrange for transportation , leaving me and Aparup to just sit by the shore looking out into the sea and the sun.
It was extremely peaceful .... my mind went back and forth between totally blank to meditative contemplation about myself ... mostly my past and the uncertain future.
The hypnotic waves and the slowly changing sky made me completely at peace with myself and my surroundings.

Pretty soon the sky was crimson red and then started to darken , slowly ... oh ever so slowly !
It was a riot of colors ... and yet so tranquil and mesmerizing.

Soon after the others returned , we sat and chatted for a while ... but everything was mellow and melancholic - unlike the boisterous banter that we usually share.
By the time we left , it was dark ... we could see flickering lanterns and steady 100W bulbs dotting the beach.
Destination : our rooms , ETA : 2 hours later.
We left that beach slowly , and took away with us 3 hours of what I might cherish my whole life.
Everything was so serene and calm - it could have lasted for ever :-(
The journey back was a blur - as usual, I slept ... while Girish got christened I.T Mamman and Srini and Aparup had shitloads of fun :)

These guys are a gem to be - I will forever treasure that trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Oh, I love beaches too. :-)

7/19/2005 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger VKM said...

Just sitting at the beach and watching a sunset is in itself a beautiful experience isnt it? I mean, it makes you forget everything and has a soothing effect on you...
its really a great experience!!

7/21/2005 02:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one can always rely on MMN to provide an ROFL twist... LOL!

& yup, just that description of yours gave some peace to this soul, & brought up some beach visits of recent. (-:

7/21/2005 04:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home