Sunday, May 08, 2005

Found them !!

This weekend has been one of the best so far in my life till now !
Some of the very best school memories I have are from KV Pallipurram (near Trivandrum) where I did my 7th till 9th.
The the school , the teachers , the library (I used to devour books there !) and most importantly the friends from that school : I had such a load of fun it is not imaginable !
At that time , I was yet to be interested in computers - and so all my time was devoted to enjoying life :) And enjoy I did !
Like all good things coming to an end , first dad got transferred from Attingal to Trivandrum , and then from there to Coimbatore - after which I completely lost all touch with that amazing batch of friends : something that I have regreted ever since.
Some of you might be knowing how I have made futile efforts to get back in touch with them again - have not been very very persistent in my efforts , but attempts nonetheless.

This friday , was trawling the web as usual before going to bed through google when I found this website !
I can never thank Jeevan enough for putting this site up - contacted him , and he very genourously added me to a y! group which had most of my batchmates from that class !!
I was so surprised - still not got over it !
Still not got over the very heavy nostalgia attack I had since then :)
Wanted to get lot of things done this weekend - but everything is on hold while I reminisce about that "era" of my life *sigh*

Lekshmi C Nair , a real good friend of mine from that class replied to me this weekend ... hopefully will be able to get in touch with more people !
Man , how I miss them :-(

6 Comments:

Blogger V said...

W00t... I am so much happy for you.

5/08/2005 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Asif said...

What a conicidence. Over the weekend I sent a mail to my long inactive yahoo group of KV batch mates. I agree to the point that it is a great pleasure to be with your old friends.

5/09/2005 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kousik said...

Always cool to find old long lost friends. I have started my school classmates Y! group, and it is really interesting to follow the exchanges. That's the last level where I have friends who diverged a lot. Like in sales, medical, clerical ... Unlike my degree/masters classmates, who are all in a place called software industry now.

I am sure you had good time.

5/09/2005 05:24:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@ all :
Yes , it has been absolutely brilliant getting in touch with all those friends again :)
To follow their lives after so long (ok , the "long" part is partly my fault ;) ) brings back fond memories of the school again !

5/09/2005 08:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mridul, I got to ur blog from google... searched "version hotel california mallu" and got the link to the rap of mallu ... 50 cents I guess... its hilarious.... :p

5/14/2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@swaps :
Friend of mine sent me the Hotel Callifornia "mallu eshtyle" long back (yep , at office I am usually the butt of mallu jokes ;) ) ... not sure if I put it up here - highly possible since I dont think I found the actual author.
By the way , the actual site which hosts the "mallu rap" is here : http://home.no.net/ullam/rap.htm - I found it _after_ I posted .. should have edited the post to show credits : missed it I think.

PS : The ":)" on an earlier post (http://mridulm.blogspot.com/2005/03/in-bombay-finally-in-bombay-sorry-for.html) was directed at which part of the post ? :)
Looks like I was sorely pissed when I wrote that post ... so not sure what part you found funny :-D
And it is way too far in the history ! What are you doing there !!! ;)

5/14/2005 04:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home