Friday, May 25, 2007

More movies !

I am on a roll ... watching some really amazing movies lately !
In last couple of days I saw :

Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away)
Mind blowing would just barely describe it.
This is the best animated movie I have seen ... ever !

Kakushi-toride no san-akunin (The hidden fortress)
Pretty interesting movie - acknowledged as primary influence on George Lucas' Star Wars.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
omg, this is so so freaking hilarious ! I get stomach cramps watching it :-)

My Cousin Vinny
Ok, I have seen this a lot of times already ... but in the mood of things, I watched it again. The most hilarious court room drama ... ever. You could fall in love with Marisa Tomei for her performance !!

Currently watching a few samurai movies Jôi-uchi: Hairyô tsuma shimatsu (Samurai Rebellion), Ran, Ugetsu monogatari, etc.
Also watched brainless (albeit funny) movies Anchorman, Talladega Nights among others :-)

And lest I forget to mention ... I just got nine Zatoichi movies delivered by amazon.com and Vipin just returned my Doctor Who collection (Key of Time series) :-D
For the uninitiated :
Zatoichi is the most awesome blind swordsman in this history of film making.
If you dont know Doctor Who, I cant help you much other than point you to this site. IIRC, I was attracted to science fiction through tales about him :-) (the recent series suck - the old books (and tv series too according to Vipin) were awesome though)

And I watched a documentary film on Bruce Lee - thanks to Vinay, really nice one !

So thats it, my life is going to be one movie to another !

2 Comments:

Blogger Unawoken said...

Dude, very nice. You're on a roll w.r.t. movies eh? Have you watched the other Monty Python ones (eg. The meaning of life)? They're hilarious too.

5/26/2007 01:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

waiting to get my hands on those man!!! :)

5/28/2007 08:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home