Saturday, April 07, 2007

Coming of age ?!

At times, I am known to make provocative, ill thought out/ill conceived, controversial statements.
Though I rarely regret making them, friends definitely do have a blast having me around and picking holes at what I say :-) (What are friends for eh ?!)

One of the 'golden oldies' is something I said in first year of college within the first couple of months I think : and this has been repeated, quoted and passed around - with multiple interpretations & variations over the years since then.

It was related to a discussion we were having w.r.t marriage - what is the right age to marry ?
If I recall correctly, out of the blue I made the comment 'Eda, you should marry only after 27 - you will not be mature enough for handling the responsibility of marriage until then'.
And voila, did I not have the flak for that - immediately responses were like
'Mridul will wake up on his 27th b'day and say - I suddenly feel mature : let me marry !' to more unprintable ones.

Vipin's idea yesterday was that we will go stand in front of Devatha plaza ('cos of our usual eating place - casa picolla) and he will proposition to girls walking by : I know a 27 year old who is mature enough to handle responsibilities of marriage, are you interested ? :-P
The reason for this ? I turned 27 this week ...

And no, I dont regret making that statement : and yes, it was inaccurate - I feel I should have said 30 :-D

11 Comments:

Blogger Unawoken said...

Happy birthday dude! Hope you had lot of fun!

4/07/2007 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger Mridul said...

That was quick ! Thanks :-)

Fun ? Not any ... had work :-)

4/07/2007 04:18:00 AM  
Blogger Kousik said...

(belated) Happy Birthday!

27 and still unmarried? Uh :-)

4/09/2007 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey man.. b'lated wishes.. when is your bday by the way?.. i think you were quite capable of 'handling' :) the responsibilities of marriage years back/.. back from the days of REC

4/09/2007 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@kousik

If I have my way, I would remain unmarried for quite some time to come ;-)

@anoop

No public legpulling man :-P
You should know better than to say things like that !

4/09/2007 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry :)

4/09/2007 09:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy BirthDay

Nadir Shah Tiwari, Rakhshanda Khan, Dipti Dhalokia

4/10/2007 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Suneel said...

belated wishes,
Happy Birthday.

hmmm... now I know why I'm looking a different Mridul today. Believe me! I guessed it quite right. Don't miss tomorrow's flight, go home and let the damn thing get started ;)

4/13/2007 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger VKM said...

Many Many happy returns of the day..belated..
You dont need to be mature to get married !! :-)

4/19/2007 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Mridul said...

@vinod

Thanks :-)
And about the second part: speaking from observation about our friends ? >:-)

4/19/2007 11:42:00 PM  
Blogger emanish said...

Many Many happy returns of the (belated) day !

4/23/2007 12:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home