Monday, June 28, 2010

Firefox strategy ...

... seems to be to aggressively loose the market share they have built up.
With some brilliantly unstable versions pushed out as updates/upgrades !

Putting all eggs in the html5 basket is one thing, but irrespective of philosophical leanings, breaking existing pages and apps (flash support for example) while trying to emulate other browsers (plugin-container.exe sic) is not going to make things better until it is properly tested !

Please. oh pretty please, dont ruin the experience and forcefully push us towards other browsers : irrespective of issues, I prefer it to other browsers out there (opera not withstanding).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though we are kind of forced to use firefox because we want to support a cause (open source etc), but finally it boils down to the browsing experience. When mozilla was immature, I was using it, hoping the bugs filed by me will help the cause. But now that they are going downhill, and I am elder, I may switch to a browser which helps me getting my work done without worrying about anything.

7/06/2010 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger FeynmanGeek said...

man very true..Firebox has really really turned into horrible now..keep it open for 30 mins..memory bumps into 500MB...and too many updates and patches

7/20/2010 03:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home